Wednesday 3 August 2016

Day Two


Today began with Nick Gadd, followed by Les Murray and Jan who discussed their poetry. Tony Birch, Olga Lrenzo and David Malouf finish of the day with their session.

Nick Gadd began the day with a tour around Mildura. As I have lived in Mildura all my life i thought that i have seen everything. Turns out I hadn't. Nick took s through the main part of Mildura and focused his tour on 'Ghost Signs.' If you have no idea what a ghost sign is like me, ghost sign is an old hand-painted advertising sign that has been preserved on a building for an extended period of time. The sign may be kept for its nostalgic appeal, or simply indifference by the owner. I seen signs and buildings that i never knew existed till today. Here are some of the buildings we looked at










As we finished our lovely lunch at Sumo Salad it was then time to head upstairs at the Brewery with Les Murray and Jan Owen to talk about poetry. To be honest poetry never interested me, sometimes depending on the vocabulary it was hard to take in. I quite liked Les he was funny and entertaining and made this session enjoyable for me.

After came Olga, Tony and David. They spoke across their books and different perspectives that they had. Overall this day made me more familiarised with what kind of authors they were and their books. They all spoke really well and i quite enjoyed listening. 







































No comments:

Post a Comment